Heritage Harvest Organic Roller-Milled White Flour
Organic roller-milled white flour from John Letts's Heritage Harvest with the profit going to Heritage Grain Trust is one of two styles of flour from a unique population of organically grown heritage wheat. All of the profit from the sale of this flour will go to the Trust, an educational charity formed to encourage the use of heritage grain.
- A population of over 150 varieties of mostly British heritage wheats grown together in the same field.
- Heritage wheats are unhybridised varieties grown before c. 1900.
- The most genetically diverse population of wheat being grown in the UK.
- Not genetically modified (non-GMO)
- Population developed over two decades of research by John Letts.
- Organically grown and free of agri-chemicals.
Two types of flour are now available: stoneground wholemeal and roller-milled white flour.
Both flours have a richer, wheatier, aroma and flavour than modern flour — the taste and fragrance of wheat from a time before industrial grain production.
These flours are multi-purpose, but behave differently from commodity flours milled from modern wheat varieties. They also vary from harvest to harvest
Flour milled from previous harvests of the population was previously sold by Heritage Harvest Ltd. under the brand Lammas Fayre. Artisan bakers have been using the stoneground version of this flour for several years to make a range of products from biscuits to pizza, and tinned and hearth breads, using both fresh and dry yeast and sourdough for leavening.
For allergens, including cereals containing gluten, see ingredients in bold
Ingredients: organic wheat flour, calcium carbonate*, nicotinamide*, iron*, thiamine*.