Artisan Baker for Two Dales Bakery
Summary: Can you imagine playing centre-stage in a recently established artisan bakery in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales? Do you have the skills and passion to help us move onto the next stage and grow an exciting new business? Do you work best in a supportive and values-based team?
If so, we could be the perfect match!
Two Dales Bakery opened its doors in February 2019. We are based in Reeth - a thriving community and tourist centre in stunning Swaledale in the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
We have quickly established a reputation for producing exceptional sourdough and yeasted breads and pastries which we sell from our stylish on-site bakery shop and café. We’ve started small, but we’ve big ambitions to become a destination bakery and café in the Dales, serving the community (including local businesses) as well as the many tourists who visit throughout the year.
Business Name: Two Dales Bakery
Location: Reeth, Richmond, North Yorkshire
Closing Date: 15-09-2019
Remuneration: Dependent on experience
Job Description: We are looking for a talented artisan baker to help run the bakery side of the business.
Working closely alongside the owners, you will be:
- producing high quality sourdough and yeasted breads and sweet and savoury pastries using natural ingredients and long fermentation processes;
- managing the baking process from start to finish;
- involved in every aspect of production including stock ordering and ensuring proper standards of food hygiene and overall kitchen health and safety are met;
- helping identify new products, and costing them through to delivery to ensure the bakery stays within budget.
Expected Hours: Full time
Personal Qualities: You’re clearly a talented baker, but you’ll also be passionate about bringing exceptional bread and pastries to the Dales and be willing to put in some graft alongside the owners to help move our fledgling business from good to great. You’ll share our values of kindness to and respect for others, conscientiousness and a healthy dose of good humour to weather whatever is thrown at us.
- have at least two years experience working in a thriving artisan bakery, ideally in a leadership capacity for some of that time;
- be experienced in producing long fermentation breads and pastries;
- be capable of working independently and committed to nurturing our team as the business develops;
- have great organisational skills and attention to detail;
- be experienced in new product development which balances creativity with an appreciation of costs;
- be resilient and flexible and be able to work well with others;
- be enthusiastic and motivated to help the business succeed;
- be committed to your own personal development, which we will support;
- have a desire to live in a rural community as special as Swaledale.
Applications: If this sounds like you, please apply by Sunday 15th September 2019 with a CV and covering letter to Hannah Parnell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you’d like the role and how you’d make a great contribution to our business – don’t hold back, put some soul into it! A candidate pack with more information is available.