Bakery Buyer/Specialist for Whole Foods Market
Things don’t get much more wholesome than bread. The “staff of life,” “our daily bread” and all the other references to bread throughout history makes it clear that bread is central to our lives, regardless of our culture. So, it's no wonder that each store's bakery is such a popular destination.
We bake daily, using only the freshest ingredients, including cage-free eggs, natural butters and the best quality unbleached, unbromated flour available, to offer you the choices you want and need. Our stores feature European style loaves and while selections vary from day to day and store to store, each loaf is made slowly and with care to maximize flavor and texture.
Other selections from our Bakeries include cornbread, foccacia, bagels, croissants, pies, and cakes of all kinds, each one made with love and skill from the finest ingredients.
We never allow artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives or hydrogenated fats in any of the products we sell, so the next time the perfume of fresh baked-bread lures you to one of our bakeries, rest assured that whatever you buy for you and your family will be the very best available.
Our Gluten Free Bakehouse
We pioneered gluten-free baking, with an independent offsite bakehouse dedicated exclusively to the creation of an ever-growing number of gluten-free products, from sandwich bread and pizza crust to cookies and extraordinary desserts. Look for items from our gluten free bakehouse in the freezer section of your local store!
The primary function of the Bakery Buyer is to order all products for the Bakery department. The buyer also performs all functions related to breaking down deliveries, moving back stock to the floor, merchandising products, and stocking cases. He or she participates in regional programs for purchasing and promotions and assists the Team Leader in organizing and developing promotional displays.
- Seek out new and exciting Bakery products and create and negotiate price bids.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the Regional Bakery Coordinator and Buyer and participate in Regional Promotional programs.
- Control spoilage, achieve margin goals, and support the Team Leader and Associate Team Leader in conducting inventories.
- Maintain financial profitability by meeting and exceeding margin and sales targets.
- Maintain accurate purchase journals and process invoices and credits.
- Educate customers and Team Members about Bakery products.
- Maintain a clean and organized back stock area.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- 40 hours per week
- Have a minimum of two years retail Bakery experience or the equivalent.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability, and manage inventory.
- Knowledge of bakery products and industry trends.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Should be able to do, or be able to learn to do, computer word processing, spreadsheets, order processing, and to use internet software.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness and to check signage and labeling for accurate pricing.
- Effectively communicate with other Team Members and leadership.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the proper use of a baler, dumpster, slicers, mixers, ovens, knives and all related equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
For more information contact Pamela Burgueno, Payroll & Recruitment Specialist: firstname.lastname@example.org