Head Baker for Two Dales Bakery
Summary: Do you dream of playing centre-stage in a new artisan bakery in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales?
Do you have the skills and passion to work with us from the outset to shape and grow an exciting new business?
Do you work best in a supportive and values-based team?
If so, we could be the perfect match!
Business Name: Two Dales Bakery
Location: Reeth, Richmond, North Yorkshire
Closing Date: 30-09-2018
Remuneration: £22,000 to £25,000 subject to experience. Opportunity for performance related bonus at end of first 12 months and progressive equity over 2 to 5 years
Job Description: We are establishing a new artisan bakery in Reeth - a thriving community and tourist centre in stunning Swaledale. We hope to open our doors by the end of 2018.
We will be producing exceptional hand-crafted breads and pastries for sale from our on-site bakery shop and café. We’ll start small, but we’ve big ambitions to become a destination bakery in the northern Dales, serving the community (including local businesses) as well as the many tourists who visit throughout the year.
We are looking for a talented head baker to run the bakery side of the business. You will be:
- producing high quality and extremely tasty bread and pastries using natural ingredients with a long fermentation process;
- responsible for managing the baking process from start to finish;
- leading every aspect of production including stock ordering and ensuring proper standards of food hygiene and overall kitchen health and safety are met;
- assisting with recruiting and developing new bakery personnel;
- helping identify seasonal and new products, and costing them through to delivery;
- assisting with the design and implementation of the Two Dales Bakery strategy throughout the year including ensuring the bakery stays within budget.
Expected Hours: Approx 45 hours per week including Saturdays.
Personal Qualities: - at least two years experience working in a thriving artisan bakery, ideally as head baker;
- experienced in producing long fermentation breads and pastries;
- competent in all areas of practical baking;
- capable of working independently from the beginning and committed to nurturing our team as the business develops;
- great organisational skills and attention to detail;
- experienced in new product development which balances creativity with an appreciation of costs;
- honest and flexible, and an ability to work well with others;
- enthusiastic and motivated to help the business succeed;
- committed to your own personal development, which we will support;
- a hard worker, but ready to have some fun in the process;
- a desire to live in a rural community as special as Swaledale.
Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene for Catering certificate
Applications: If this sounds like you, please apply with a CV and covering letter to Hannah Parnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us why you’d like the role and how you’d make a great contribution to this new business – don’t hold back, put some soul into it!