Sourdough Baker and Bakery Manager
Flour to the People! is a new sourdough bakery opening in Battersea in January 2015 and they are looking for a Artisan Baker and Breakfast Chef who will be responsible for the general management of the Bakery and other team members.
Job Description: This is a pivotal role for the bakery and the salary and bonus structure reflects this. Flour to the People! has a strong emphasis on a handmade and artisan menu and the successful candidate will have a high level of skill in sourdough bread products and making other items such as jam and butter from scratch.
The bakery will specialise in sourdough bread and first class breakfasts that have a real homemade and chic feel for their customers.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be responsible for the preparation, baking and finishing of all bread, breakfast bakeries and other specified baked goods in accordance with departmental quality standards and specifications.
- Be an experienced Artisan Baker who can mix, hand- mold and bake bread
- Be highly organised and dedicated.
- Be knowledgeable about artisan techniques and methods
- Have worked in an Artisan Bakery in the past and have a proven history of high quality craft baking with references will be required.
- Have a great work ethic, work well with others, be able to carry out physical work and work to timelines
- Be able to communicate effectively with the business owners and their team
- Be passionate about great bread, looking for challenges and have a positive attitude.
Flour to the People! are looking for a baker to welcome into their small and close knit business that will bring their own individual sense of flair and management capabilities. This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to be a part of building a new business where hard work and dedication will be rewarded.
- Full time
- Permitted to work in the UK (a valid EU work permit or ID is required)
- We are looking for someone who wants the challenge of running a new bakery as if it was their own. We are passionate about Sourdough and our chief team member will be also.
You will receive a competitive salary dependent on skills and experience, seasonal bonus based on projected targets and bread allowance included.
Salary: From £24,000 – £26,000 with bonuses
Start Date: Immediately
Please send your CV to Renee Rogers firstname.lastname@example.org.