- Classic Sourdough Bread using 100% Stone-Milled Flour
- Italian Preferment Sourdough With Manitoba "Furia" Crisp with a tender crumb all thanks to beautiful Mulino Marino Type 0 Manitoba "Furia" flour from Italy. One of the world’s great millers producing exceptional flour.
- Classic French Baguette Recipe
- Light Barley Bread - A Beautiful Almost Forgotten Flour
The Challenger Bread Pan - for the Crustiest Loaf
If you want that perfect even rise, a fin-like rip where you’ve slashed the top, and a glossy deep bronze crust then the Challenger Bread Pan is the answer. Using your existing oven it encloses your dough in a cast-iron case while it bakes, holding in the steam and ensuring an even heat radiating on the dough from all directions. Finally you can achieve that show-stopping look to your bread right from your home kitchen.
Enclosing your dough while it bakes has many advantages:
The Challenger’s cast-iron build holds lots of heat, getting the dough really hot and quickly.
The cast-iron construction overcomes any unevenness in the oven (which most have) and gives an even bake.
More heat from the bottom crust means more upward lift, especially on high-hydration dough
The steam generated by the baking dough is trapped, allowing it to rise to its fullest.
Holding the steam encourages the crust to colour, and achieve perfect crispiness.
Recipes and Usage Advice
More from Challenger Breadware
- Challenger Pan Parchment Paper Liners Pack 100£34.54 £28.78
- Challenger Oven Gloves - Large£34.55 £28.79
- Challenger Proofing Box - Ideal for Balls of Dough£61.87 £51.56
- Challenger Pair of Sourdough Storage Jars, 65mm diameter£33.16 £27.63
- Challenger Pair of Sourdough Storage Jars, 85mm diameter£38.66 £32.22