Mulino Marino Organic Buratto Type 2 Flour
Mulino Marino, one of the very best mills in Italy's Buratto Type 2 - stone-ground and very versatile, good for sourdough breads, focaccia and Pane Sciocco. Very similar to the French T80, it contains an untreated live wheat germ which makes the smell and the taste much better, and produces a blonde, rather than white, dough.
Here is a very simple traditional unsalted Tuscan bread, "Pane Sciocco" that uses this flour:
- 1kg Organic Buratto Type 2
- 700g water
- 4g dried yeast
In Tuscany and Umbria bakers use 5g salt for every kg of flour (for improved gluten development) rather than 25g which is typical in bread dough.
Knead and then leave the dough to prove at 20°C for 2 hours, then shape into 2 loaves and prove for 3 hours at 25°C and then bake at 220°C.
Recipes and Usage Advice
Supporting Documents for Download
- Mulino Marino Organic Chickpea Flour£6.10 £6.10
- Mulino Marino Organic Rice Flour (Farina di Riso)From £4.93 £4.93
- Mulino Marino Organic Segale Bianca (White Rye) FlourFrom £4.56 £4.56
- Mulino Marino Organic White Enkir or Einkorn FlourFrom £5.79 £5.79
- Mulino Marino Organic Wholemeal Enkir or Einkorn FlourFrom £5.86 £5.86
- Mulino Marino Organic Macina or Macinato Integrale (Wholemeal) FlourFrom £4.25 £4.25
- Mulino Marino Organic Type 00 Soffiata Strong White FlourFrom £3.70 £3.70
- Mulino Marino Organic Dried Linguine Pasta, 500g£4.66 £4.66
- Mulino Marino Organic Fine Maize (Cornmeal) for PolentaFrom £4.24 £4.24
- Mulino Marino Organic Coarse Maize (Cornmeal), Ideal for PolentaFrom £4.24 £4.24
- Mulino Marino Organic Farro Integrale (Wholemeal Spelt) FlourFrom £6.33 £6.33
- Mulino Marino Organic Chestnut FlourFrom £15.86 £15.86